Aspiring student entrepreneurs and innovators are invited to apply for the Michigan Tech Silicon Valley Experience, a Spring Break immersive tour of California Bay Area companies that includes meetings with entrepreneurs and Michigan Tech alumni who are leaders in their field.
The deadline to apply is Feb. 10. Register online. Up to 16 students will be guaranteed a slot on the trip. Priority will be given to students who have been previously engaged with innovation and entrepreneurship and articulate continued engagement on their application.
Major funding for this trip is provided by the 14 Floors alumni group. Husky Innovate—a collaboration between the Pavlis Honors College, the College of Business, and the Office of Innovation and Commercialization is co-hosting this with 14 Floors.
Students who apply and are accepted will have the opportunity to:
- Tour companies like Google, Netflix, Hewlett Packard, Facebook, Ford, as well as the former Michigan Tech student startup company Handshake
- Meet with entrepreneurs and innovators
- Talk with Michigan Tech alumni who are leaders in their field,
- Get answers to your real-world business, innovation, and leadership questions,
- Gain firsthand knowledge of the enterprises that are revolutionizing global business
Lodging, ground transportation to and from toured companies and some food will be covered. Students will be responsible for arranging and paying for their own air travel.
As part of the student application, students will create a 2-minute video describing how they will share their experience with the Michigan Tech community upon completion of their travel in order to positively contribute to our entrepreneurial ecosystem. Students who have a demonstrated financial need can apply for a limited travel scholarship.