Current undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in climate leadership are invited to apply to be a fellow of the Climate Leaders Academy (CLA), which is launching this summer.
CLA is a two-semester program with the goal of providing formal climate training and professional development to fellows through direct engagement with national and international climate change frameworks, formalized mentoring and collaboration with a diverse set of institutions. CLA is funded through the National Science Foundation and the YEAH network, and supported by MTU, Boston University, Vanderbilt University and Tennessee State University.
CLA-Fellows will be entitled to the following benefits:
- $10,000 stipend ($5,000 per semester)
- Four transferable course credits
- All travel expenses covered (to and from kickoff workshop, climate change conferences, etc.)
- One-on-one mentoring by a CLA faculty member
- Tuition coverage for CLA course
Additional information and the official application can be found at the CLA Application Form. Applications are due March 15 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.