Scholarship information available here.
The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund is dedicated to fostering the next generation of automotive aftermarket industry leaders and innovators. Scholarship awards range from $2,000 – $3,000, with $5,000 going to the top student. SEMA Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the 2016 SEMA Show. Assistance is available for career paths in the automotive industry in:
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Race Car Driver/Crew
Application period is November 1 to March 1 annually. 2016-17 is closed, but 2017-18 will open November 2016.
The current minimum eligibility requirements are as follows. A student
- Be a U.S. Citizen enrolled full-time in a program of study at an
accredited university, college or post-secondary vocational/technical program
located within the United States, at the time of application.
(Permanent/Legal residents and High School students are not eligible to apply.)
- If currently attending a four-year accredited university or college
you must have completed a minimum of 50 credit hours
- If currently attending a two-year accredited community college or vocational/technical
program you must have completed a minimum of 25 credit hours
- If currently attending an accredited automotive training certification
program, you must have half of total curriculum requirements/classroom hours
- If pursuing a Master’s, Post-baccalaureate or Doctorate degree, provide
proof of acceptance or proof of enrollment in a graduate program.
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Be pursuing studies leading to a career in the automotive industry
or related field.
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the first academic term
following receipt of the award.
1. Provide unofficial school transcripts
2. Provide one (1) letter of recommendation:
- From a post-secondary teacher, administrator or guidance counselor; someone
who is familiar with your academic performance. (Letter from a relative or friend
will not be accepted.)
- The recommendation must be submitted online; a document may not be uploaded
3. Provide two (2) 250-word essays in response to
the following questions:
a) Why do you want to pursue a career in
the automotive aftermarket? What do you feel you can contribute to this industry?
b) The automotive aftermarket is driven by
the passion of the people in it. What drives you? What inspires you? Why should
you be awarded a SEMA Memorial Scholarship?
You have the option to upload a drawing, sketch or other material that supports
your application or helps to express your individuality.
personal background information:
- Academic Activities
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Automotive-Related Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Applicant Work Experience
- Military Experience