Administered by: The Western Michigan Chapter of the American Foundry Society.
This scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Donald J Campbell.
Award Value: Variable
Deadline: Postmarked by February 15, 2021
Eligibility Minimum Requirements:
• High School Education or Equivalent.
• If currently enrolled, be in “good standing” academically at their respective College, Community College, Trade School, or University.
• Have a genuine interest in working in the metal casting industry or related field.
• Have filled out the application form OR submitted an essay for review by the DJC Scholarship Committee expressing a desire to receive a scholarship highlighting why they would be a good investment of scholarship funds.
Ideal Candidates will also have one or more of the following:
• Documented co-operative experience in a foundry
• Documented work experience in the metal casting industry or associated industry
• Letter of recommendation by current or previous employer in metal casting industry.
• Majoring in metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, or related hard science with metal casting as a focus.
• Attended FEF University or college or community college with direct focus on foundry related coursework.
• Letter of support from someone within the metalcasting industry able to provide character reference.
- Complete application form (below) AND submit essay for DJ Campbell Committee.
- Attach transcript of your educational record (high school, college, or military service). Note: graduate students: Submit Information on Previous Degrees.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from one of the following: current or previous employer, current instructor.
- Mail a hard copy of the information to the above address postmarked no later than February 15th Emailing a copy of the information is also acceptable but please also mail a hard copy.
- Successful applicants must register with the Foundry Educational Foundation.
Submit Completed Applications to:
Mr. Travis Hepfner
Cadillac Casting Inc
1500 4th Ave
Cadillac Michigan, 49601