The Portage Lake Golf Course (PLGC) is now open. The course is in wonderful shape and the crew has worked hard to provide great golf conditions for our patrons. We are also working hard to follow state health and safety requirements and ask you to join us in doing your part to stem the spread of COVID-19. For that reason, we’re asking all PLGC patrons to schedule and pay for their memberships or greens fees in advance.
Call the Pro Shop at 7-2641 if you intend to purchase your season pass, or go to our online store and we can safely process your payment and give you direct access to the course without checking in.
Instructions are a little different for Michigan Tech students. Be sure to book a tee time before you come. When you arrive, enter the Pro Shop one at a time to check in prior to going to the tee. Face coverings are required in the Shop.
All golfers should review these guidelines before they visit to make sure that everyone enjoys their time on the course safely and that we all do our part to keep our community healthy:
- Book online so there is less congregation around the Clubhouse.
- Bring your own water. It will not be available on the course.
- Avoid the Clubhouse whenever possible. There are currently no retails sales. If you have to come in you need a face covering.
- Change your shoes in your car after parking.
- Meet on the first tee with modified greetings at a distance.
- Insist on social distancing (two-putter lengths) on tees, greens, and throughout the rounds.
- Plan to walk. Fleet carts are not available. We do allow personal carts with no more than one person in cart, or two people if they’re from the same household.
- Don’t touch anyone else’s golf ball on the course or practice greens.
- Only handle your own scorecard.
- Leave the flag in place while putting and at all other times. Do not touch the flags.
- Smooth out sand in the bunker with your clubs or feet. Bunker rakes and ball washers will not be in use until further notice.
- Restrooms are available on the course. Sanitize hands before and after using. Clubhouse restrooms may only be accessed through the back door.
- Sanitize your hands during your round and after play.
- Finish and go home. We appreciate your patronage.
You’ll see signs and markers to help you remember the six-foot social distancing rule throughout the property. PLGC staff will be doing a lot of extra sanitizing. Some of the services we usually offer, like the driving range and club/cart rentals are not available now but can be phased in when federal and state regulations permit. The Par and Grill is closed for business at this time as well.
These precautions are for your safety and ours. Thanks for staying safe and keeping all golfers and staff healthy. If you have questions, feel free to email or call 7-2641.
We look forward to seeing you.