Because on-campus activity continues to be limited this summer, custodial services have been redistributed. Campus buildings are serviced on a rotating schedule using a team staffing approach. Custodial staff prioritizes public areas and open restrooms when they are in your building. They will not clean or check departmental areas and individual offices.
As more employees return to campus in Step Two of our reopening plan, we need you to do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure campus operations continue safely and efficiently.
Here’s what we expect of employees—we appreciate your help:
- Wipe and sanitize high-frequency touchpoints. Do this in personal offices, office suites, and departmentally controlled spaces.
- Wipe shared equipment after each use. Other high-frequency touchpoints should be wiped at least twice a day.
- Pay special attention to surfaces. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, hard-back chairs, faucets, sinks and other similar items.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands as needed, especially before and after cleaning. Departments can procure germicidal wipes and hand sanitizers pump dispensers through Chem Stores, but please note that supplies are limited. While we work to build up our inventory, we encourage you to continue to use any existing supplies that you currently have on hand. Chem Stores is currently open for pickup by appointment in order to reduce traffic. You can fill out their online form to request supplies. Please call 7-2049 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
- Bring your office trash and recycling to the designated common area in your building. Food waste and containers, along with anything else that can collect bacteria and cause odor, must be removed every day. Please close your trash bag securely.
- Go to a different floor if your nearest restroom has been closed. Restrooms will always be available in occupied buildings, usually at least on the first floor.
Facilities will respond to work requests as allowed under any state executive order in effect and as resources permit. If you have questions or need assistance, please call 7-2303, or place a work order. Thanks for your cooperation.