by Michigan Tech Information Technology
As our campus transitions to Step Two, most of the Information Technology staff will continue to provide support and service from home. We will have a limited number of staff and student employees on campus every day, focusing first on the backlog of on-site physical work from March. New physical on-site work may take additional time to complete.
Specific IT Service changes currently in effect:
- In-person support at the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) in the Van Pelt and Opie Library has been suspended. You can continue to reach us at 906-487-1111 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. and at email@example.com. You can also submit your request directly using our Service Catalog and search self-service articles in our knowledge base.
- Poster printing service is currently unavailable
- Printer, lab and classroom cleaning — All current computer labs and classrooms, with the exception of a portion of the first floor of the Van Pelt and Opie Library, remain closed. HuskyPrint stations throughout campus will be filled and cleaned as staffing allows. Be smart, and do your part by washing or sanitizing your hands before you use touch screens or lab computers and again when you have finished.
You can help us to help you by doing the following:
- Plan ahead — Get your requests in early, whether it’s a rebuild, an upgrade, a computer move, or a change to your phones. We recommend at least two weeks before you need it.
- Plan for shipping/ordering days — Ordering most things, especially technology, may include delays and increased costs due to availability and demand. Be prepared for a longer wait time to receive your purchases.
- Expect that it will take longer to get some work done — Services such as research support, hardware/software deployment, and physical moves and recycling will take longer to complete and may happen outside of normal business hours due to limits on the number of staff and student technicians we have working in physical proximity.
- Work with us to stay safe — Our teams will work with you, to the best of our ability, to schedule on-site diagnostics, equipment pickup, deployments, and supply delivery with as little direct contact as possible and around your schedule.
- Help us prioritize and focus — Our priority is making sure that faculty can teach, students can learn, and that research can continue. If your request relates to these priorities, letting us know when making your request helps us appropriately prioritize that work.
If you have any questions or concerns, we can help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 7-1111.