Michigan Tech’s Student Development Complex (SDC) has reopened to current students as of today (July 13). A team from Recreation has developed a reopening plan to ensure the building is utilized safely and is implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and recreation facility standards.
Requirements for Entry
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID (students who were enrolled in the spring 2020 semester and did not graduate)
- Pre-register online for session times
- Entry/exit from the SDC main entrance
- Face coverings are required upon entry and throughout the building
- Follow social distancing practices and designated traffic patterns
- Arrive early enough to check-in at the main desk, which includes acknowledgment of no listed symptoms, tap ID for verification and timestamp of your visit
- Questions can be sent to email@example.com
Hours of Operation
(subject to change without notice)
(July 13 to Aug. 8)
- Monday – Friday—8 to 10 a.m., 1 to 3 p.m., 4 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(July 20 to Aug. 8)
- Monday – Friday: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Capacity Limits and Patron Expectations
- 23 patrons per 50-minute session
- Face coverings recommended while working out, but not required
- Every other cardio machine will be available. Weight machines are spaced 10 feet apart. Free weights, benches, squat racks, mats, balls, and tubing will not be available.
- Patrons are expected to wipe down equipment before and after each use and maintain a six-foot distance from others while working out
- Sweat towels, mini lockers, and weight belts/straps will not be available
- Locker rooms will not be accessible. All large bags or belongings will need to be stored outside the fitness center.
- Eight patrons per 50-minute session
- Face coverings required while on deck, but not allowed while in the water.
- Lap pool only with eight-lane lines. Most equipment will not be available; some pieces may be reserved ahead of time.
- Patrons are expected to maintain a six-foot distance from others on deck
- Towels will not be available
- Locker rooms will only be available to change, shower before/after pool use and to enter the aquatic facility
- Space will be available for personal items on the pool deck
Reserving Your Spot
- A reservation table for each week (Monday-Sunday) will be posted by 6 p.m. Sunday for the upcoming week
- Sign up for no more than one workout slot, in each location, per day
- Full name and contact information will be required
- Reservations will close at 6 a.m. for the current day. Walk-ins will only be accepted if there are available spots to fill.
- Reservations may be canceled prior to signup closing at 6 a.m. Check back often for updates on session availability.
The Michigan Tech Trails and the disc golf course remain open. Rentals for the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena and softball fields are also available. Reserve online or call 7-2578. Continue to visit MichiganTechRecreation.com for the latest information regarding operations of Athletics and Recreational facilities.