Michigan Tech’s Student Development Complex (SDC) will reopen to faculty/staff members as well as current students on Monday (Aug. 17). A team of staff from Recreation has continually updated its reopening plan since the July 13 soft opening to students. The facility is implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule based on guidelines from the CDC and recreation facility standards.
Requirements for Entry from Monday through Aug. 30:
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID
- A valid Michigan Tech Faculty/Staff ID (previous SDC members only)
- Face coverings upon entry and throughout the building
- Follow social distancing practices and designated traffic patterns
- Check-in at the desired location (fitness center or pool), which includes acknowledgment of no listed symptoms, tap ID for verification and timestamp of your visit
- Questions can be sent to email@example.com
Hours of Operation (subject to change without notice)
Fitness Center (Aug. 17-30)
- Monday-Friday: 7-7:50 a.m., 11:30a-12:20 p.m., 3-4:50 p.m.
- Saturday: 10-11:50 a.m.
- Sunday: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 6-6:50 a.m., 12:30-1:20 p.m., 5-6:50 p.m.
- Saturday: 8-9:50 a.m.
- Sunday: 12:30-2:20 p.m.
Lap Pool (Aug. 17-30)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 8-8:50 a.m., 5-5:50 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 11-11:50 a.m.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 7-7:50 a.m., 6-6:50 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 12-12:50 p.m.
Capacity Limits and Patron Expectations
- 50 patrons max at any time
- Sessions will be 50-minutes in length unless noted otherwise
- Patrons can only attend their designated times (Student or Faculty/Staff Member)
- Face coverings required when in the fitness center (not during exercise)
- All spotters will need to wear a face-covering
- All cardio machines will be available w/ plexiglass dividers between each
- Weight machines are spaced 10 feet apart
- Free weights, benches, squat racks, mats, balls, and tubing will be available
- Patrons are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use and maintain a six-foot distance from others while in the fitness center
- Sweat towels, mini lockers, and weight belts/straps will not be available
- All large bags or belongings will need to be stored outside the fitness center.
- 15 patrons max at any time
- Sessions will be 50-minutes in length
- Face coverings required while on deck, but not allowed while in the water
- Lap pool only. Limited equipment will be available
- Patrons are expected to maintain a six-foot distance from others on deck and in the water
- Towels will not be available
- Space will be available at each lane for personal items
- Face coverings required while in the locker room except for showering
- Saunas are closed
- Patrons are expected to maintain a six-foot distance from others in the locker room
- Towels will not be available.
Future phases include expanded hours and access for Michigan Tech students, faculty, and staff, welcoming back community members and the reopening of HuskiesFit classes and Youth Programs.
All questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.