by MTU Flex Task Force
The moving 14-day total of detected COVID-19 cases is 25 as of today, compared to 45 last week. Our weekly surveillance detection rate remains low, at 1 percent. We increased on-demand testing for students this week in anticipation of spring break, and between March 1 and 5, we conducted 253 non-surveillance tests, with only two detected cases in that time period. Currently, 2 percent of on-campus isolation space is in use.
On-demand testing will be available for students the week following spring break (March 15-18). However, if you are a student who travels outside Houghton County during spring break, we strongly encourage you to participate in our Post-Spring Break Testing Clinics instead of scheduling an on-demand test. The Clinics will run from March 19-23 in the SDC varsity gym. There’s no need to schedule an appointment—feel free to show up anytime during your testing window:
- Daniell Heights Apartments: Friday, March 19, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Off-campus graduate students: Friday, March 19, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wadsworth Hall: Saturday, March 20, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Douglass Houghton Hall: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hillside Place: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- West and East McNair: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Off-campus undergraduates with last names A-K: Monday, March 22, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Off-campus undergraduates with last names L-Z: Tuesday, March 23, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Please check out the MTU Flex blog for tips on traveling safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Also check out last week’s digest for information on what to do when you return to campus after traveling domestically or internationally during the break.
Thank you, and enjoy spring break!