by MTU Flex Task Force
The moving 14-day total of detected COVID-19 cases is 14, compared to 25 the week ending March 5, which was the week before spring break. We did not conduct surveillance testing this week in anticipation of our Post-Spring Break Testing Clinics (more on this below). Currently, 6 percent of on-campus isolation space is in use.
We know many of you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and when it will become available. While answers to these questions are still a bit unclear, our goal is always to share updates and information with you as soon as possible. Please review our vaccine updates from January 26 and March 4. One of the best resources for Western UP vaccine information is the Copper Country Strong website. Additionally, we have created a vaccine information web page and FAQs intended to be specific to the Michigan Tech community. We will continue to update the web page and FAQs as more information becomes available.
Our Post-Spring Break Testing Clinics begin this afternoon. If you are a student who traveled outside Houghton County during spring break, we strongly encourage you to participate. The Clinics run until March 23 in the SDC varsity gym. There’s no need to schedule an appointment—feel free to show up anytime during your testing window:
- Daniell Heights Apartments: Friday, March 19, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Off-campus graduate students: Friday, March 19, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wadsworth Hall: Saturday, March 20, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Douglass Houghton Hall: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hillside Place: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- West and East McNair: Sunday, March 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Off-campus undergraduates with last names A-K: Monday, March 22, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Off-campus undergraduates with last names L-Z: Tuesday, March 23, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.