Thursday December 7th

I woke up to the beautiful sounds of a Bell bird and was able to watch a gorgeous sunrise on the beach. A quick call back home to find out that snow day #2 was underway!! A little bit of breakfast and we were off for my first day of geology field work. Our first stop was a location overlooking Ohope beach. 20171206_151920To be truthful I was having a hard time focusing on the geology with that beautiful ocean in sight! I took many pictures and videos of the volcanologists in action! Collecting pumice samples at different eruption sites in the Taupo Volcanic Zone. I am gleaning some information from these scientists who are trying their best to educate me, but they  seem to speak another language! Lol! The passion that these professors and students have for their research is an amazing thing to witness. One of the things I am hoping to do is interview them all to learn more about their life’s path.  I am having a tough time with limited internet to get this updated and add pictures as I wish. Please stay tuned as I try and get a good system going for this.