Students who are completing a dissertation, thesis, or report are invited to join the Graduate School to learn about the resources available to them to assist in scheduling their defense, formatting their documents, and submitting their documents. In one afternoon, you can learn everything you need to be successful and complete your degree in a timely fashion! Faculty and staff who assist students with submissions are also welcome to attend. Attend the entire event, or stop in for the seminar that interests you.
- When: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 2 – 4pm (see detailed schedule below)
- Who: Students completing a dissertation, thesis or report; faculty and staff who assist students with submission
- Where: Zoom webinar; (register to attend online and receive participation instructions)
If you are unable to join us, the event will be taped and available online after the event. The previous semester’s seminars are always available online.
- 2 – 3pm – Submission 101
Learn what is required to submit your document to the Graduate School and the deadlines for the upcoming semester. Best for students who are completing their degree this semester or next semester.
- 3 – 4pm – Formatting 101-103: Word, Acrobat and Copyright
- Learn how to find what you need in the Guide and use a Word template to create a perfectly formatted document the first time.
- Learn how to use Adobe Acrobat to check your document to ensure it meets our formatting requirements and correct it without recreating the PDF.
- Learn how to use copyrighted materials in your document, including papers you have published as well as materials created by someone else.
- 4pm – ?: Final questions
Have a question that hasn’t been answered yet? We’ll be available to answer any additional questions you have.