Make your very own glowing cloud by using STEAM. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. You will learn how to program and code an Arduino Uno, learn how to program a WS2812 LED strip to create a light show, and learn how to turn it into art.
Suggested grade level:
- 6th Grade through 10th grade
- This is an introductory level program
- No prior programming experience is necessary
- The goal of the program is to introduce STEAM to the current youth of Traverse City. This program will focus on the Tech and Art aspects of STEAM.
- This course will teach students how to program an Arduino Uno using the Arduino programing app. The students will learn how to write code to tell the WS2812 LED strip to light up in their own unique color patterns.
- We will create a structure to wrap the LED strip around and apply the cotton on top of the structure to create the illusion of a cloud.
- This will be a 4 day course taught in the mornings 9am to Noon.
- Class dates will start the week of July 11, 2022 and continue July 12, 13 and 14
- Additional classes will be offered through July and August based on interest.
- There is no cost for this first Pilot class
- For a $50 contribution, the students can keep their Arduino Uno and their Cloud creation including the LED strip
- Students are encouraged to bring their own laptop computer (and Arduino Uno if they have one). LED strips and cloud material will be provided.
- We will have some laptops to share.
For more information contact:
Jay Meldrum at email@example.com or 906-281-1069
- Class will be taught at Northwest Educational Services, Engineering Academy (formerly MTA), Career Tech at 880 Parsons Road, Traverse City, MI 49686