Contract Renewal Questions?

Residence Hall contract renewal is available for current, returning, and transfer students.  Online contract renewal will end at 11:59pm on January 24.  The deadline to submit a residence hall contract in person for 2019-2020 is February 28, 2019 at 5pm.  Housing (153 Wadsworth Hall) is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm to assist students.
Requests from current, returning, and transfer students to live in the residence halls on or after March 1 will be placed on a waiting list for 2019-2020.  Requests will be honored only after all of the first year students are assigned to rooms.  Residence hall availability may be extremely restricted after all of the first year students are assigned and may be limited to triple occupancy rooms.
If you renewed a room for one residence hall room, but now you want a different residence hall room, you can come in person to Housing (153 Wadsworth Hall) starting on January 25 to request a different room.  Change requests by current students can be accepted through the month of February in person at Housing.
If you renewed a residence hall contract and did not select a room with a roommate, or if your preferred roommate is no longer available for any reason, you will be joined with another student who also needs a roommate.  Housing will email students to let them know they have been joined with another student.  Housing will make every possible effort to combine current students with each other.
If you have a friend or a relative that will be a new student next year and you want to be roommates, after you have both turned in a housing contract for 2019-2020 both students will need to send an email to from their own Michigan Tech email accounts.  Both students will need to state their own full name and M-number.  Both students will need to state the name of the person they want to be roommates with.  If Housing receives a request from both students, the students can be joined.  February 28 at 5pm is the deadline to assure special requests.
If you are a student who has a special need due to a disability, you may need a housing accommodation.  Students who believe they have a disability should contact Disability Services in the Administration Building.  You will request your disability related accommodation directly with them.  Once approved, Disability Services will tell Housing what accommodations are needed.  Housing will then coordinate directly with the student for the appropriate housing assignment.
Didn’t find the answer to your question here?  Please visit Housing (153 Wadsworth Hall), call us at 906-487-2682, or email .  Appointments are not required to come visit with us.

Leave a Reply