There are several ways to get assistance when you live in on campus housing.
1. Visit Housing Services at 153 Wadsworth Hall, call 906-487-2682, or email email@example.com . We are open to assist you Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you call or email after hours, we will return your call or email the next business day. If Housing Services cannot fix the problem, we will point you in the right direction.
2. Burned out light bulb, drippy faucet, sticky lock on your door, drafty window, clogged sink or shower drain? For minor but important repairs, you can send an email at any time: FixItHousing@mtu.edu . Email is followed up during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
3. Locked out of your room? Go to the reception desk for help or see any RA if the desk is closed. Call DUTY phone if both the desk is closed and you can’t find an RA: 906-487-3889.
4. Car battery dead? Locked your keys in your car? Transportation Services can help during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 906-487-1441. After hours, you can contact the Department of Public Safety and Police Service: 906-487-2216.
5. Worried about a friend? Want to report something but you are not sure what to do? Talk to your RA. You can also review a variety of help options online: https://www.mtu.edu/deanofstudents/students/concern/
6. Need urgent help that cannot wait until the next business day? Broken glass on the ground? No electricity? No heat? Water is flowing on the ground and it will not stop? Do you hear alarms going off? Call the DUTY phone: 906-487-3889. (If you request urgent help after hours and it is NOT an urgent problem, you may be charged for after hours staff assistance. A burned out light bulb, clogged sink, or a request for a mouse trap at 10pm at night would not be urgent problems.)
7. The Department of Public Safety and Police Services is available on campus to help 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. 906-487-2216. If you think a crime has occurred or if you have a safety concern, call them.
8. Life threatening emergency: call 911!