- Bring your key and Husky Card to campus so you can properly checkout and avoid charges.
- Come to your residence hall front desk (open 10am-4pm daily) to pick up the Express Check-Out Form and blue Key Return Envelope. You may need to pick up the forms the day before you intend to leave.
- If you are unable to get the check-out paperwork from the desk, you can arrange to have the paperwork slid under your door by filling out the following form. Please complete the form no later than 48 hours before you intend to depart.
- If you need additional assistance and are unable to contact an RA or the desk, please call DUTY phone at (906) 487-3889.
- Please read the entirety of each document carefully as they contain important check-out information.
- Remove all belongings from your room.
- If you have a bike in storage, you have been contacted by the advisor of your building’s hall association on retrieval and storage options.
- Clean your room thoroughly and return the furniture to its original configuration.
- Self-report any damages that you are taking responsibility for on your Express Check-Out Form.
- Provide a mail forwarding address in Banweb, and check your mailbox before leaving.
- Change your address with online accounts, banks, credit cards, and magazines and notify your family and friends that you have moved.
- Complete the Express Check-Out Form and the front of the blue Key Return Envelope. If your form is not already attached to the envelope, please do so and drop both off at the front desk of your residence hall. If the desk is closed, please place your paperwork in the misaddressed mail slot.
While moving out, please:
- Get assistance from no more than two individuals that are not in the same residential housing facility as you.
- Do not allow anyone with a temperature of 100.4F or higher, cough, trouble breathing, or other symptoms of illness to assist you.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance at all times unless carrying a heavy object.
- Do not use common areas. We have closed common areas due to guidance from the state of Michigan requesting that all people maintain six feet of distance from each other and a need to protect residents staying with us from potentially being exposed to COVID-19.
- Park in the following lots if you have a pass for Lots 21 or 23:
- DHH – Lot 10E
- McNair – Lot 10E
- Hillside – Lot 4
- Wads – Lot 17 Upper
- If you do not have a parking pass or are traveling with someone who does not have a parking pass, you can park in Lot 10 overnight with no penalties.
By participating in the express check-out process, you waive your right to challenge any charges caused by damages in your room. Each form has a space for you to claim any damage you have caused to the room. Roommates who may have damages are encouraged to contact each other and determine who will take responsibility for the damages. If no one is specified as the responsible party, all roommates will split the damage charges evenly. Please contact your RA or REC if you would prefer to schedule a full check-out.
If you have extenuating circumstances, need assistance, or have a question, please email email@example.com.