According to a Spring 2018 Michigan Tech Food Insecurities Survey, about 25% of respondents said students don’t get enough food to eat. Michigan Tech IT and Student Health and Wellness are partnering for a food drive (Feb. 18-22).
You can drop off the food items at the TAC (the new IT service space located in the Library). You will receive a ticket for donating items. At the end of the week, we will have a drawing for an awesome prize.
All items will be donated to the HuskyFAN (Food Access Network)—the student food pantry. Please bring non-perishable items such as:
- Canned fruit (mandarin oranges)
- Applesauce (small/individual servings)
- Canned proteins (salmon or chicken)
- Instant Pasta Bowls
- Bags of of rice, grains, or pasta
- Dry cereal
- Granola, Protein or Energy Bars
- Instant Oatmeal
- Microwaveable Mac and Cheese
We can help. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7-1111.