By Husky Innovate
Congratulations to Husky Innovate Idea Pitch contestants and winners. Twenty-six students and 19 teams participated in an Idea Pitch competition held at the Great Lakes Research Center late last fall. Contestants pitched innovative ideas by reframing problems as opportunities. Judges from across campus voted to select Idea Pitch winners, and 14 Floors alums acted as a panel of experts.
Seven cash prizes were awarded. Prize winners include:
- First Prize – Jacob Soter with Cellular Beach Network, $200 cash award
- Second Prize – Kyra Pratley with PowerPendants, $100 cash award
- Third Prize – Mitch DeLong with FreightMate, $50 cash award
- Honorable Mention – Morgan Flynn with Adult Atlas, $25 cash award
- Honorable Mention – Baillie McGirk and Brandon Oja with CartSkis, $25 cash award
- Honorable Mention – Harrison Shields with Shields Hydrotech, $25 cash award
- Audience Favorite – Baillie McGirk and Brandon Oja with CartSkis, $25 cash award
The Pavlis Honors College, Office of Innovation and Commercialization, and College of Business sponsor the Husky Innovate Event Series – a succession of workshops and events that build on each other with the intention of guiding students through key phases of innovation or business development while emphasizing evidence-based strategies for success.