Please use this link for registration FAQs and a video tutorial regarding online registration through BanWeb.
If you get a registration error, please pay attention to the specific error that comes up and you may be able to troubleshoot the problem. Check the course prerequisites/restrictions and the course descriptions listing by clicking on the section CRN in BanWeb. If you think you need a waiver to override an error, please see below.
Some common registration errors are below. Waiver forms are available from the Registrar’s Office website or in hard copy in the ME Academic Advising Center.
Types of waivers:
- Filled sections: Get approval from department offering the course. See FAQ #9 for listing of correct contact person(s) by department. May or may not require a signed form.
- Lacking prerequisite: Get approval from MEEM course coordinator – see an academic advisor to identify the right faculty member – or the department/instructor offering the course. Prerequisites are not generally waived for required MEEM courses.
- Instructor permission: Most commonly required to enroll in enterprise project courses. For enterprise, may use this internal ME form through the end of 1st week of the semester. Otherwise special approval or late-add form (if after 1st week) is used. See an advisor for these forms.
- Special Approval/Restriction waivers: Use Approval/Waiver Form for instructor permission to waive class, level, or other restrictions where appropriate.
- Credit overload permission form: Approval signature from your academic advisor. Approval from the Dean of Students office is necessary if on academic probation.
- Time conflict: Approval from all instructors involved is required. Use the combined Approval/Waiver Form.
- Grading Changes: Used if student wishes to change the course to an audit or pass-fail.
To obtain approvals:
- Print a waiver form or pick the correct form up from the ME Advising Center (some forms are available outside the offices, others you can request from an advisor).
- Fully complete your form and get required signatures.
- Bring completed, signed waivers to:
- The Registrar’s Office – First floor Administration Building
- or ME Advising Center (for MEEM or enterprise related forms)
- Late-Add forms always go to the Registrar’s Office once signed off.
Enterprise: Instructor approval required for many enterprise teams, every semester. Bring the enrollment form to the enterprise faculty advisor for their signature. Return signed form to ME Advising Center (204/205 MEEM) by the end of 1st week. Late Add procedures are in effect after 1st week. For ENT 4950 the typical instructor permission form is not used. See FAQ #2 or here for ENT 4950 enrollment instructions.
Late Adds: After 1st week of the semester, any added courses or section changes are late adds. See an academic advisor to determine if a late add is appropriate and to get a late add form. MEEM course control/waiting list policies are still in effect for late-adds or section changes of MEEM courses.