We are pleased to announce that Hemlock Semiconductor Corporation (HSC) will once again be sponsoring 30 scholarships aimed at Michigan high schoolers from Midland, Saginaw, and Bay counties who have expressed an interest in STEM education (science, technology, engineering, and math) or have demonstrated scholastic success in those subjects.
Students must apply and be selected competitively; selected students will receive a scholarship valued at $1000 to cover the tuition, boarding, and transportation to attend the Engineering Scholars Program at Michigan Technological University. ESP is hosted every year by Michigan Tech Summer Youth Programs; this year, it will be offered during the week of July 21–27, 2019. Throughout the week, students are exposed to 10+ types of engineering through group projects, engineering sessions, creative problem-solving activities, and special topic sessions.
Interested applicants should consider the following:
- This award is for students who attend a school located in Midland, Bay, or Saginaw counties.
- Eleventh grade students will be given first priority; high-performing ninth and tenth graders may also be considered.
- All students should have an interest in STEM education or careers, and have demonstrated scholastic success in these subjects.
- Michigan Technological University will review applications and select scholarship recipients based on merit.
- At least one award will be guaranteed per school with applicants; more than one from a given school will be considered if additional spots remain.
Sound like you or someone you know? The overview and application contain many more details. You can also get more information about ESP by visiting the Competitive Scholarship Programs page of the SYP website and clicking on “Engineering Scholars Program.”
Questions about this award are welcome at the Summer Youth Programs office at 906-487-2219 or email@example.com.