Welcome Back!

Hello, fellow transfer students!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break, and had a chance to relax!  We are on the final countdown of the semester; deadlines and holidays are quickly approaching.  In the midst of all this chaos, I wanted to take the time to congratulate each of you on a successful semester here at Tech.  Whether this was your first semester or your tenth, it’s important to keep in mind what you have accomplished!  All that hard work, the late nights at the library, has brought you to this: you’re one step closer to achieving your goals, and that’s nothing to sneeze at!  It’s incredible to contemplate that this is the last Fall semester I will spend at Tech; in some ways, it feels like I just got here!  Likewise, before you know it, you will be preparing to graduate as well.  So hang in there, and enjoy the time you have here at Tech, because it really does go by quickly!

With finals just around the corner, several organizations/departments around campus are putting together some events to give you a break from studying:

Wednesday, 12/9 (5pm): The Commuter Assistant and I are teaming up again to host a Study Break Social for transfer and commuter students.  Location is still TBD, but we will keep you informed.  Take a minute to say hi and grab some free snacks!

Thursday, 12/3 (1-2pm): FINALS: The Other “F” Word.  Join the MUB board in MUB Ballroom A2 to learn new stress-management techniques, and how to effectively prepare for finals.  Yes, there will be snacks!

There are always other events scheduled around campus as well, so keep your eyes open for something that interests you.

I hope to see some of you at the Study Break Social next week.  Otherwise, best of luck in finishing up your classes, and preparing for finals!

Comments Closed