Michigan Tech Information Technology is hiring both work-study students and regular employee positions for a Student Mac Support Technician.
The IT Operations department is looking for motivated students who are able to work and grow their skills in an enterprise macOS/iOS environment. Must be able to work throughout the Spring and Summer (required) semesters. Customer service skills are required as there will be times when you will be expected to work closely with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
The position starts immediately and requires that you be able to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters. 30-40 hour work weeks will be available during the summer. We expect our students to be responsible, able to function with minimal supervision, and able to maintain a class and work schedule, but we are flexible around classes and exams. Position starts at $10.10/hr during a probation period and increases based on skills and abilities.
Our preference is for students with 2 or more years left at Michigan Tech.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Understand how to work inside a macOS terminal environment
- Experience working with application installations and install packages inside macOS
- Experience with Mobile Device Management, Apple Configurator, Jamf or other tools is a plus
- Scripting (shell experience is a plus)
- Customer service skills are required
- Support existing operations with hardware and software support
- Work closely with faculty, staff and students on macOS/iOS based issues
- Package and test applications for our various macOS environments
- Deploy new macOS computer systems
- Document macOS application install instructions
- Troubleshoot macOS issues with minimal supervision
- Handle walk-ins and service requests submitted to our ticket tracking system