The Department of Computer Science will present an info session for students interested in preparing for this spring’s ICPC/NCNA programming competitions on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. EST in Rekhi 214.
The 2022-23 ICPC North Central NA Regional Contest takes place Saturday, February 25, 2023.
A practice competition, the NAQ (North American Qualifier), is scheduled for February 4, 2023.
The International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) is an algorithmic programming contest for college students. Teams of three, representing their university, work to solve the most real-world problems, fostering collaboration, creativity, innovation, and the ability to perform under pressure. Through training and competition, teams challenge each other to raise the bar on the possible. It is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world, according to the ICPC website.
Prepare for the NCNA Regional Programming Competition with this info session.
What: Info Session: Programming Competitions
When: Wednesday, January 25, 2023; 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Where: Rekhi 214
What are programming competitions?
- Programming competitions are team events (groups of 3 students) testing your skills at answering programming questions correctly and quickly. Top teams at the various events can go on to compete against top teams in the world.
Why do you want to participate?
- The programming contest tests your skills against other teams and universities, helps in developing problem solving skills, and can aid in preparation for job interviews (practice solving problems quickly).
When and how can you participate?
- Multiple programming competitions will be run virtually this spring.
- Student eligibility rules are listed here: https://icpc.global/regionals/rules.
- A practice competition, the NAQ (North American Qualifier), is scheduled for February 4, 1-6 p.m. CST.
- Teams may participate using a Kattis account.
- The official regional contest is scheduled for February 25, 1-6 p.m. CST
- Please complete the info form by Friday, January 17 to reserve your t-shirt.
- The final deadline is Friday, January 27, at 5 p.m., or you may signup at the info session.
- Students who are interested and eligible can sign up to form teams of 3.
Can’t attend the info session?
For those who can not attend the information session, please fill in the form to indicate your interest, teammates to register, or that you are looking for teammates:
For more information and resources, look here.