Health Informatics Student Emma Ezeumeh Shares Her Journey

Graduate student Ifunanya “Emma” Ezeumeh shares her journey to Michigan Tech and the Master of Health Informatics program.

My journey to obtaining a Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) has been an exciting and rewarding one so far.

Emma Ezeumeh, Health Informatics M.S.

I am currently pursuing this degree at Michigan Technological University, where I have completed relevant coursework in subjects including Epidemiology, GIS Mapping, Image Annotation and Segmentation, Big Data Analytics, Healthcare Cybersecurity, Biosurveillance and Syndromic Surveillance, Geocoding, Machine Learning, Artificial and Deep Neural Networks, and Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare.

As a result of hard work, my family, and supportive academic mentors at Michigan Tech College of Computing, like Dr. Guy Hembroff, Dan Boyle, Dr. Weihua Zhou, Dr. Xiaoyong (Brian) Yuan and Chen Zhao, I have maintained a 4.0/4.0 GPA, which is a testament to my dedication to excellence.

Pursuing a career in health informatics has been one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I am excited to continue to learn and develop my skills in this field. I will be sharing more from my journey here as I look forward to using my skills and experience to make a difference in the healthcare industry.