Bring your skis and snowboards and come ride some rails with us!
Date of Event: 11/19/13, 12/3/13
Location of Event: Peninsula Room
Start Time(s) of Event: 6:00 PM
End Time(s) of Event: 7:00 PM
Additional Comments: Utilizing Leadership Experiences in Your Job
Bus tickets to the Mall of America located in Bloomington, MN, go on sale Monday, November 4. We will depart on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, and return on Saturday, November 30. Register Early and Save $15 on your Bus Ticket! Cost per ticket is only $65 per seat. Tickets sold between November 4 – November 15 will only be $50. Limit two tickets per person. To get your bus ticket, each passenger must print, complete, and sign the waiver and return to IPS: http://www.mtu.edu/international/forms-info/pdfs/Waiver.pdf. Passengers under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver form. Tickets are non-refundable and may be purchased at the IPS Office. Seats are limited, available on first-come, first-served basis.
IPS has secured a block of rooms at the Fairfield Inn & Suites – Mall of America for a special group rate of $75/night plus tax, 1-4 occupants per room. If you wish to stay at this location for the special rate, you must make your reservation before November 11. Unreserved rooms will be released to the public at the regular rate.
Students are responsible for their own securing hotel accommodations. Make your reservations online: http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=MTU%20international%20Program%20%26%20Serv^mspbl%60MTUMTUQ%6075%60USD%60false%6011/28/13%6011/30/13%6011/7/13&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes or by calling 952-858-8475 and ask for the special group rate for ‘Michigan Tech University’, major credit card required.
Are you looking to share a room? FInd a hotel roommate on BarkBoard: barkboard.mtu.edu. Discussion Forums/Discussions – Any Topics/ IPS-hotel roommate for Mall of America bus trip ONLY.
Ultrarunner and inspirational speaker, Ray Zahab, is coming to campus!
Ray has been featured on CNN, CBC, National Geographic, and TED Talks. Ray went from being a pack-a-day smoker to running across the Sahara Desert in 111 days. The movie, “Running the Sahara,” directed by Matt Damon, was made about this expedition. In addition to this, Ray has completed numerous other expeditions including running to the South Pole, running across the Gobi desert, running across Baffin Island, running through the Amazon, and more. Furthermore, Ray is involved in education through his nonprofit, “impossible2Possible.” This program selects youth, aged between 17 and 21, to travel abroad and run a marathon or more a day while carrying out an educational project and connecting with thousands of students across the world. You can learn more about impossible2Possible at www.impossible2possible.com and more about Ray at www.rayzahab.com
“Running is 90% mental. The other 10% is all in your head.” – Ray Zahab
Running the Sahara – Movie
, Fisher 135
No entry fee
Ray Zahab comes to campus – Speaking