ENTERTAINMENT & ENRICHMENT
Khana Khazana Serving Indian Cuisine
Flavors of India are on tap Friday, August 12 at Khana Khazana. Serving will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. from the food trailer in the MUB Circle opposite the library.
The menu includes: Chicken Chettinad Curry—South Indian style chicken curry with roasted spices;
Vegetable Korma—variety of vegetables cooked with mild spices;
Batata Vada— Deep fried, flour coated potatoes;
Mango Lassi—Mango yogurt with pulp topping.
Comedian Jason Cheny Performing on 8/20
Join us for a night full of laughs with comedian Jason Cheny! This FREE event will be held at the Rozsa Center on Saturday, August 20 at 9:00 p.m. Please bring your student ID in order to attend. See you there!
Brought to you by: Late Night Programming and Student Activities
Come close to the glamour and glitz of Las Vegas- right in Houghton! Enjoy games, snacks, and root beer floats on Tuesday, August 23 at 10:00 p.m., ground floor Wadsworth Hall. RSVP on Involvement Link.
Sponsored by Wadsworth Hall Student Association and InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
Campus Store and University Images Sidewalk Sale
Come join the Campus Store and University Images for a former sports logo sidewalk sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow (Aug. 12). Clearance items will be an additional 25 percent off the stickered price. Get 75 percent off the original price men’s shoes and selected women’s dress apparel. Look for Campus Store items on the campus mall in front of the MUB and University Images in front of the SDC, weather permitting. If the weather is frightful, we’ll be located inside near our respective locations.
Student Organizations: Sign-up for K-Day Before the Deadline
K-Day, short for Keweenaw Day, is an annual tradition at Michigan Tech held on the Friday of the week of Labor Day. Each year on K-Day, classes release at noon so our students can celebrate their beautiful surroundings in the Keweenaw Peninsula and learn about ways to get involved and connected at Tech.
The online registration form can be found HERE! Deadline is September 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Questions can be answered by calling Student Activities at (906) 487-1963 or emailing email@example.com.
Move-in Volunteer Opportunities for Fall 2016
Welcoming new students and their families is one of the most exciting times on campus. Student organizations are invited to help welcome in-coming students during move-in onSaturday, August 20 and Sunday, August 21. Your group can sign up for one shift or multiple shifts. This is a great service opportunity for your organization!
Please fill out the Google form to sign up to volunteer.
Move-in Volunteer Shifts:
Saturday, August 20
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, August 21
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Move-In Volunteer Participation Expectations:
• Remember that you are representing your Student Organization and Michigan Technological University. First impressions are very important to new students and their family members.
• Wear apparel that represents your Student Organization or Michigan Tech only.
• Wear clothing that is neat and appropriate (no holes, no hats, and no sunglasses are permitted).
• Wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (athletic shoes recommended).
• Volunteers may not recruit or pass out invitations/flyers of any kind.
• Volunteers must help everyone, not just the people you might want to get to know.
• Please remember that some students and families may not want your help. Please be considerate and ask if they would like assistance first, before grabbing items.
• Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in at the Wadsworth Hall Reception Desk in order to get to your assigned location on time for the start of your shift.
• Work with University, Orientation, and Housing and Residential Life staffs who are also assigned to assist with the move-in process. We are one big team on move-in day.
Thank you in advance for your service to the newest members of the Michigan Tech community!