Award Amount: Variable
The P.E.O. International Houghton Chapter has several grants and loans available for women students at Michigan Tech. Please visit their web site here and contact Susan Beck at PEOPCEELF@charter.net for more details and application instructions.
P.E.O. was founded in 1869 by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Today, P.E.O. has grown to nearly a quarter of a million members in chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada, with headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. Their focus is to help women to achieve education.
Deadline: March 1
Amount: $250, one time
The NASCAR/Chevrolet Diversity Scholarship offers college students an opportunity to learn and become involved in STEM, a key area of importance to the success and future of GM and the motorsports industry.
Four selected winners will be awarded a scholarship, and an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience at a NASCAR race, including a tour of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage, pace car rides and meet-and-greets with Team Chevy drivers and Chevrolet NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Program Manager, Alba Colon. Students can submit a 90-second video that describes a STEM related racing application and its significance to motorsports. Entrees will be judged on technical accuracy, creativity and production value. The deadline to enter is Saturday, October 15, 2016.
To be eligible, students must be currently enrolled, at least part-time, in an accredited college or university within the United States, including Puerto Rico, be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of entry and submit a YouTube link through the scholarship website.
See this Michigan Chronicle article for more details: Chevrolet, NASCAR announce Diversity Scholarship Contest for STEM
For more information or to submit an entree, visit http://chevyscholarship.nascardiversity.com.
Sure, college scholarships help students offset some tuition costs. Scholarships offered to Michigan Technological University students also offer leadership, study abroad, and research opportunities. Learn more about Michigan Tech’s scholarships available to crazy smart students—and meet our scholars making the most of them:
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), asthma affects approximately 25.9 million Americans and more than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. With Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month in May, it is our pleasure to contribute to the effort to raise awareness with the first ever National Garage Door Atlanta Asthma and Allergy Scholarship. This scholarship is intended to assist one hard working, high achieving college student who lives with asthma or allergies.
Eligibility: Been diagnosed with asthma or suffer from any type of allergy
Currently enrolled students with a minimum GPA of 3.00
Application: Choose one of the topics below, and write a 500-1,000 work essay
- In what ways has having asthma or allergies shaped or changed your life plans? How did you go about confronting and overcoming these limitations to push forward with your goals?
- What’s one thing you think would make the biggest difference in how society treats asthma and allergies?
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone who has just learned they have asthma or allergies what would it be? Why?
Submit essay and Application form here.
Deadline: December 15, 2016
Amount: $1,000, one time
For 2016, Remote DBA will be offering scholarship for students interested in pursuing a data-focused or data science career.
IDC estimates that last year, over 2 zettabytes of data was created. This number is projected to grow by twenty-fold by the year 2020 to 40 zettabytes or an equivalent of 5000GB for every man, woman and child on earth. Right now and in the near future, companies of all sizes will need data professionals, database administrators (DBAs), and data scientists to help manage and make sense of the enormous amount of new data generated.
Remote DBA wants to encourage students to pursue data-focused careers and to play an active role in the new data-centric global economy.
Eligibility: Currently enrolled college students with a minimum GPA of 2.80
Graduating High School seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.00
How to Apply:
- Write an essay on the topic “My Vision for the World 20 Years from Now: How Technology Will Change Everything around Us.” In your essay, be sure to discuss the role of technology and easy access to information or data in transforming our everyday lives. We encourage you to be creative and to use specific examples. Think about both new emerging as well as science fiction-like futuristic technologies yet to be invented. Discuss how examples of these technologies may improve lives across urban, rural or global environments.
- Include a cover letter. Be sure to include your name, your college, college year, graduating year and intended major. In your cover letter, explain how you plan to use the scholarship and why we should select your application.
Submit your scholarship application, including your essay and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Awarded: May 15, 2016
Amount: $2,000, one time
The Ford College Network (FCN) is proud to announce a $2000 scholarship available to students at Michigan Tech for the fall of 2016. Students who meet the following criteria are invited to email Andy Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the scholarship:
- Students must be currently enrolled in an engineering, computer science, IT, or a business program at Michigan Tech
- Students must express interest in the automotive industry*
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Sophomore or Junior class standing (students must be a Sophomore or Junior as of fall 2016).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and able to work in the United States
Furnace Record Pressing, believes there is an audiophile in each and every one of us. After all – who doesn’t love top quality sound? With the resurgence of vinyl records, this generation is being reintroduced to the unparalleled analog experience. As sound and duplication ambassadors, Furnace Record Pressing encourages all individuals to express themselves through music. That is why they have created the Music to Our Ears Scholarship.
Deadline: Due 10/31/2016
Application: In at least 500 words answer the following question,
“Music is a gift shared by everyone around the world. How have you shared the gift of music with those in your family, life, and community?”
Your application should include the following items: Include your essay as an email attachment with your full name, email address, mailing address, and a phone number at the top of your essay. Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Please submit the above documents to: email@example.com
Amount: $500, one time
As a company driven to help students succeed, StudySoup knows that college is an important step along many career paths, but it can be expensive. Therefore, they are offering a $2,000 scholarship each semester to outstanding students who exemplify one or more of StudySoup’s core values:
- Be a Knight
- Make an Impact
- Succeed Together
Deadlines: Fall Semester 2016: October 1st, 2016
Spring Semester 2017: March 1st, 2017
Application: Fill out Application online at https://studysoup.com/blog/scholarship/
Amount: $2,000 each semester
Discountrue knows that the world can be tough, especially for university or college students, who have to face a lot of new expenses. This is why they decided to fund a special scholarship and choose one person who presents their writing abilities to receive $3,000 in order to alleviate the costs of studying at a U.S university or college.
Deadline: June 30th, 2016
Application: Required materials should be e-mailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your resume
- an essay on the topic: “Why is it important to take care of our planet and how to get almost everyone involved?”, 900-1000 words long
- proof of legal residency in the United States
Amount: $3,000 Biannually (January & June)
Recipient will be announced on July 15th, 2016
Are you a current high school senior who believes in developing both your mind and body as a way to live a complete life? Are you looking for a scholarship that recognized your achievements inside and outside of the classroom?
Sigma Phi Epsilon (SigEp), the nation’s largest college fraternity, is awarding over $225,000 during the 2016-2017 academic year with its Balanced Man Scholarships. The Balanced Man Scholarship awards students who exhibit academic excellence, demonstrate leadership skills, and commit to their health and well-being.
The Ancient Greeks believed in developing a sound mind and sound body as the way to live a fulfilling life. SigEp adopted this philosophy with the Balanced Man Ideal and since 1990 has awarded the Balanced Man Scholarship to some of the best students coming to campus.
We believe that recognizing students who exhibit balance and all-around excellence is one way to promote this important ideal. Therefore, we are offering scholarships at Michigan Tech for the 2016-2017 academic school year.
- Apply online for the Michigan Tech Balanced Man Scholarship starting April 2016 at mtusigeps.com.
- The scholarships are based on merit.
- All applications will be reviewed and semi-finalists will be selected by a selection committee.
- All semi-finalists will be asked to attend a 30-minute interview within one month after the application deadline on August 1, 2016.
- All finalists will be invited to an awards banquet.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at Michigan Tech during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Be a male applicant
Applying for the Balanced Man Scholarship in no way obligates you to join or have any affiliation with Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity.
If you have any further questions, please email me Damon Greer at email@example.com.