The Graduate School is pleased to announce Finishing Fellowship recipients for the fall and spring semesters.
The fellowships provide support to PhD candidates who are close to completing their degrees; they are available through the generosity of alumni and friends of the University.
They are intended to recognize outstanding PhD candidates who are in need of financial support to finish their degrees and who are also contributing to the attainment of goals outlined in The Michigan Tech Plan.
Recipients for fall 2011:
- Irfan Ahmed, PhD candidate in electrical engineering
- Surendar Dhadi, PhD candidate in biological sciences
- Neluka Dissanayake, PhD candidate in engineering physics
- Shu Wei Goh, PhD candidate in civil engineering
- Amber Roth, PhD candidate in forest science
Recipients for spring 2012:
- Zeyad Ahmed, PhD candidate in environmental engineering
- Kefeng Li, PhD candidate in biological sciences, Charles L. Lawton Endowed Fellowship
- Saikat Mukhopadhyay, PhD candidate in physics
- Zhiwei Peng, PhD candidate in materials science and engineering, Doctoral Finishing Fellowship
- Lindsey Shartell, PhD candidate in forest science, Neil V. Hakala Endowed Fellowship
Nominations are currently open for summer 2012 finishing fellowships. Materials are due no later than 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 14. For more information see Application.