New class offering: Cancer Biology, BL4752, Spring 2016
• Do you know that cancer is the second leading cause of death?
• In 2013 alone, 14.9 million people had cancer & 8.2 million people died from cancer
• Do you know of anyone who has cancer?
• Are you interested in learning what causes cancer or the molecular changes that lead to cancer?
• Take BL 4752; learn about the biology of cancer with Dr. Tumban
• Course Objectives: Students will have an understanding of:
• the biological/non-‐biological agents that cause cancer
• how these agents contribute to diﬀerent cancers
• the molecular mechanism(s) leading to the disease
• how the circulatory and lymphatic systems aﬀect the disease
• current treatment and therapeutic approaches
The prereqs are BL3012 Essential Cell Biology or BL4370 Cell Biology or BE2400 Cellular and Molecular Biology.