Heartiest congratulations to the following seven faculty members and one graduate student from the Biological Sciences Department who have been identified as one of only 96 campus-wide instructors who received an exceptional “Average of 7 dimensions” student evaluation scores during Fall 2017 semester. Their scores were in the top 10% of similarly sized sections university-wide that had at least a 50% response rate.
Provost Jacqueline Huntoon recently congratulated them for their outstanding accomplishments in teaching.
The following faculty received the recognition based on average of 7 elements of university-wide class size group with response rate of >50% on student evaluations of their lecture classes:
- Dr. Stephen Techtmann, Assistant Professor (Nominated for teaching award, 2018)
- Ms. Brigitte Morin, Lecturer (Nominated for teaching award, 2017 and 2018)
- Ms. Karyn Fay, Professor of Practice (Winner of teaching award 2016)
- Dr. Ebenezer Tumban, Assistant Professor (Nominated for teaching award, 2018)
- Dr. Thomas Werner, Assistant Professor (Winner of teaching award in 2013)
- Dr. John Durocher, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Amy Marcarelli, Associate Professor (Nominated for teaching award, 2018)
The following instructor received recognition based on “average of 7 elements” of university-wide class size group with response rate of >50% on student evaluations of their classes:
- Lukai Zhai, Graduate Student Instructor