The College of Computing is accepting applications for multiple Summer Youth Programs (SYP) leader positions.
SYP leaders play a critical role on the SYP team, co-planning, delivering content, and creating after-action summary reports. The leaders are a critical link between pre-college students and Michigan Tech, with a focus on previewing college life and academic success.
The position starts around June 12, 2023, and ends around July 24, 2023.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and planning
- Work with faculty mentors to create programs from an outline
- Identify and collect necessary resources and supplies
- Build a website to share program outlines with prospective SYP participants
- Create detailed lesson plans for three different SYP classes, each for one week of instruction for middle and high school students
- Implementation –
- Provide active, hands-on instruction for SYP programs
- Summarize each week in an after-action report that addresses
- Overview of the program
- Suggestions for improvement
- Problems encountered
- Detailed list of supplies needed for next delivery session
- Organize and store all materials used during SYP
- Other duties may be assigned
College-level coursework after high school, and at least two semesters at Michigan Tech. Coursework should be in the College of Computing or similar.