Creative Mines, a software development and consulting firm in Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula, will present a training seminar on February 2, 2023.
The seminar, “Intro to Web App Security,” is free and open to Michigan Tech students, faculty, and staff.
A recording of the seminar will be available following the event.
A secure development process starts with developers who deeply understand security risks and vulnerabilities. Please join Creative Mines and CEO Jake Northey to learn more about this critical topic.
Intro to Web App Security
- Date: February 2, 2023, 4:00 to 5:30 pm EST
- Location: Michigan Tech University Campus, Fisher 326
Presenter: Jake Northey, CEO, Creative Mines
The trend is clear; each year brings new and more frequent security threats. So, how do software professionals know that they are building secure software? This training will cover common security risks developers should know before writing software.
Who Should Attend?
- Software Developers
- Software Team Leaders
- Software Architects
- Software Engineering Leadership
- Michigan Tech students, faculty, and staff interested in any or all of the above
What You’ll Learn
- How common security defects are introduced during development
- How to mitigate common security risks
- Understanding how browsers and web servers work together to help us secure applications
- How to build a secure development process
- How to make sense of the freely available web security resources on the web
About the Presenter
Jake Northey is a 2004 graduate of Michigan Tech with a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.S. in Bioinformatics. Jake is the founder of the local software studio, Creative Mines where he works with teams of developers to build and deploy web applications for security-critical industries, such as Electronic Trading and Cybersecurity.