Throwback Time Machine
Join our DJ/hosts as they push ‘the big red button’ and launch the Throwback Time Machine, the craziest video dance party this side of the 21st Century! Hosted by your very own Memorial Union Board!
You’ll be transported back in time by our resident spinner as he drops the biggest tracks and the most memorable pop videos from the past five decades.
This show is all about having FUN!!! We’ll be dancing to the best party anthems from the 60’s right up until the present day. So let your hair down, let it all hang out and let us hear you sing along as we THROWBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Throwback Time Machine will be held on Walker Lawn on Wednesday, August 29th at 9:30 pm.
Don’t miss out on some great free fun!
Times for the shifts are from:
9:00 am – 11:00 am
11:00 am – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Link to sign up can be found here.
The move-in volunteer expectations are as follow:
• Remember that you are representing your Student Organization and Michigan Technological University. First impressions are very important to new students and their family members.
• Wear apparel that represents your Student Organization or Michigan Tech only.
• Wear clothing that is neat and appropriate (no holes, no hats, and no sunglasses are permitted).
• Wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (athletic shoes recommended).
• Volunteers may not recruit or pass out invitations/flyers of any kind.
• Volunteers must help everyone, not just the people you might want to get to know.
• Please remember that some students and families may not want your help. Please be considerate and ask if they would like assistance first, before grabbing items.
• Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in at the Wadsworth Hall Reception Desk in order to get to your assigned location on time for the start of your shift.
• Work with University, Orientation, and Housing and Residential Life staffs who are also assigned to assist with the move-in process. We are one big team on move-in day.
For any further questions, please contact Karen Patterson at email@example.com
mmy has appeared on NBC’s Last Comic Standing, America’s Got Talent, TBS’s Conan, and often likes to remind strangers that he was the first comedian to ever tell jokes on the Food Network. In 2013, he may have even impressed his parents by setting a world record of performing comedy 1,001 consecutive nights, with his story featured in Time and The New York Times. And then he took a nap.
Come join us on Saturday, September 1 at 10 pm in the Rozsa Center!
This event is free and brought to you by Late Night Programming and Orientation.
Entry Deadlines2-Person Golf Scramble: Friday, September 7 @ 12:00 Noon
- Tournament on Saturday, September 10th
- Must sign up for a Tee-time in the Intramural Office.
- Season Begin September 10th
- Season Begin September 10th
- Season Begin September 16th
- Season Begin September 19th
Bocce Ball and Cornhole Tournaments:
- Entry Deadlines on Friday, September 14 @ 12:00 Noon
- Tournaments will take place on Saturday, September 15th
Register your team at www.imleagues.com/MTU
– For more information: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Blood Drive
Currently, there is a critical need for blood donors. The need is constant. The gratification is instant. Give blood.
Join Fraternity and Sorority Life from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, September 5 and 6 in the Library Reading Room to donate blood.
Click here for more information.
Note: Those eligible to donate must bring a photo ID, be in good health, at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and have not donated in the last 56 days.
Hosted by Fraternity and Sorority Life, Order of Omega
Parade of Nations
Now is the time for student organizations to think about their involvement in the 2018 Parade of Nations scheduled for Saturday, September 15th. The Parade begins at 11:00 am in Hancock near the Huntington Bank building, and marches to the Dee Stadium in Houghton where the multicultural festival will take place from approximately noon to 3:00 pm. The theme for the 2018 Parade of Nations is “Global Beats – International Treats.”
1) Have a float in the Parade (register here) and win cash in the float contest!
3) Showcase their talents by being a part of the entertainment – this is open to individuals too! (register here)
4) Volunteer to help – sign up here.
Is your organization short on cash? Activity Grant Available.
This year’s headline act is Ole!, sponsored by the Parade of Nations and the Rozsa Center for Performing Arts. Ole! is a wonderful celebration of music and comedy, with all the exhilarating sounds from the rhythms of flamenco to salsa, swing, blues, jazz and pop. The performance will take place at the Rozsa Center on Saturday, September 15 at 7:30 pm. Tickets for Ole! go on sale August 1 and are $10 for adults, $5 for children, and free to students with the Experience Tech Fee. Visit mtu.edu/rozsa for more details.
Be a parade spectator and have a chance to win the “I Love Parade of Nations” Weekend Getaway for two to Chicago worth more than $2000!! Visit the Parade of Nations website or Facebook page for more details.
Check out the Parade of Nations video here!
Season Tickets on Sale at The Rozsa Center
The Rozsa Center is pleased to announce their 2018/19 Season Ticket Sale! Season Ticket Packages are on sale early this year, May 1st, with the best discounts available on all the season has to offer! There are four Season Ticket Package options this year, offering savings of 18% – 37% off single ticket prices. Featured this year are 12 Rozsa Presenting Series events, including five distinguished lecturers, and more than 33 Visual and Performing Arts events including music, theater and visual arts events, and the ever-popular 41 North Film festival. For full season details, please visit our website: mtu.edu/rozsa
Michigan Tech Recreation Offers AppAudio
Customers have two WiFi networks to choose from – MichiganTech and MichiganTechGuest.
For more information on how to set up AppAudio on your devices, see HowToAppAudio.
Donation Bin Information
If your student organization or department is collecting donations, Facilities Management must be notified of any donation bins being placed on campus. Bins may only be placed in approved locations, for a list of approved locations find the list here.
Only one bin is allowed per building at a time. Bins are allowed on a first “notify” first serve basis, so please submit your information to us early.
Student organizations or departments are responsible for:
-Notifying Facilities Management of bin placement at least 2 days prior to placing the bin
-Periodically emptying the bins
-Removing any donated items left outside of the bins
-Removal of the bin on the date reported
Facilities Management will monitor the bins and notify the student organization or department contact if:
-There is already a bin placed in the location you have requested during the same time period
-Bins are full
-Bins are located outside of the approved area
-Donation items have been left outside of the bin
-It is past the date that bin should have been removed
For additional information or to complete a “Donation Bin Notification Form” please find the list here.