Co-ops & Internships

"While Michigan Tech opened the doorway to the workforce, Nation Ranch Marketing allowed me to take my first step through it. My internship with Nation Ranch provided me with an education that cannot be obtained in a classroom, and I feel lucky to have been given such a beneficial opportunity." —Rob Devaun, Business Administration, Class of 2007

Why would I want a co-op or internship?

Co-ops and Internships are available for business students at Michigan Tech, and students are encouraged to check them out! Co-ops and Internships can provide students with valuable work experience within their field of study. Students on co-op earn a paycheck and academic credit through Michigan Tech. Most students get internships during the summer to obtain work experience, however even though students do not earn college credit through internships, many of them still get paid for their work

How do I find a co-op or internship?

Many large companies have hired students from Michigan Tech’s business department to work for them on internships and co-ops. A few of these companies include Ernst & Young, Wells Fargo, 3M, Dow Chemical Company, Edward Jones, Liberty Mutual, and Boeing. If you would like to learn more about how to apply or find a Co-op or Internship that would suit you, please visit our Co-Ops and Internships Webpage or contact Brad Wagner. Brad Wagner often knows about unique exciting opportunities available to students, and if you are considering a co-op or internship, the first step should be to contact him.