As we approach the next recruitment season for internships, co-ops and full time employment here are some ways to help you create a successful search.
- Update your profile in Handshake-this allows employers to find you and you to find employers. Jobs are posted year-round.
- Attend Career Fair (Spring 2022 Virtual on Wed, Feb 16, 10 am-7 pm; register and schedule for employer meetings prior to event)
- Attend CareerFEST (Spring 2022 In-Person from 11 am-2 pm Jan 31, Feb 1, Feb 7; register and schedule to meet with potential employers prior to the event)
- Get involved with a College of Business club/organization. Many attend conferences with job fairs, go on industry trips and more. This is an excellent way to network on multiple levels.
- Talk with your faculty; employers sometimes seek students to hire by contacting faculty
- Watch for emails from email@example.com or your academic advisor for employment opportunities
- Apply and search for positions in STEM fields in Michigan with STEM Forward
- Meet with Career Services staff or a Career Coach for one on one advisement