Want to impress a job recruiter with your knowledge of their company? How about finding the perfect information to use as questions for your interviewer? Join the Van Pelt & Opie Library’s Company Research Workshop to learn the best resources for company research and how to turn info you find into interview questions that are sure to impress. The workshop will take place from 12:05-12:55 p.m. tomorrow (March 6) in Library 242. To register for the workshop, click here.
Making a poster for a conference or other event? Join the Library from 4-5 p.m. Thursday (March 7) in Library 244 for a poster design workshop. This workshop covers basic tips and tricks for presenting your research and information in a visual format. We’ll also look at resources and tools available in the library to help you design and print your poster. Register for the workshop here.
Developing good academic, wellness and mental health skills can help improve academic performance and overall well being. These workshops and seminars have been designed to help you find success and enjoy your time more thoroughly during your years at Michigan Tech.
Check out our main workshop series of rotating topics from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in Rekhi G05 or register for one of our specialty workshops offered throughout the semester. Get more information or sign up for one of our workshops, here.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Motivation: How to find it and keep it What is motivation? Where does it come from? Why does it seem like some people have it and others don’t? We get it – motivation is not as easy at is sounds. Whether you’re looking to strengthen yours or find it to begin with, this workshop on motivation is a great place to start. Register here for Motivation Series A—1 p.m. Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb 12 in Admin. 201 Register here for Motivation Series B—1 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, March 26, April 4 in Admin 201.
- Mindful Living: Tired of being tired, overwhelmed and behind? It’s easy to feel drained while you’re a student. Mindfulness can help eliminate this negative cycle and connect you with your inner-self, even in the most stressful of times. Meet with a community of others who are interested in building mindfulness and meditation skills to help reduce stress and increase joy in your life this semester. Register here for Mindful Living Series A—8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 12 in Wadsworth G17/19. Register here for Mindful Living Series B—11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, Feb. 27, March 6 in Van Pelt and Opie Library 234. Register herefor Mindful Living Series C—1 p.m. Thursday, March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11 in Van Pelt and Opie Library 234
- Building Emotional Resiliency: Life keeps happening even when you’re in school, sometimes bringing situations that cause lots of distress. Learn emotion regulation and distress tolerance skills that can help you feel more in control. This workshop will include information that will help you to better understand your emotions and how to keep them from taking over your life. Offered three times during the semester, this workshop is a three-week series of 60-minute sessions. Register here for Building Resiliency Series A—11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 28, Feb. 11 in Admin. 311. Register here for Building Resiliency Series B—5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, March 6, March 30 in Wadsworth G12. Register here for Building Resiliency Series C—1 p.m. Friday, April 5, April 12, April 19 in Admin. 201.
- Stress Less: Ready to lower anxiety and depression? Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) practices, this four-week structured workshop will teach you skills to grow mindfulness. Register here for Stress Less Series A: Tuesdays at 3:00 – Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 12 – Administration Building 311 Register here for Stress Less Series B— 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28, March 7 in Wadsworth G12. Register here for Stress Less Series C—10 a.m. Wednesday, April 3, April 10, April 17, April 24 in Admin. 20.1
- Maximizing Your Connections: Learn how to use resources and relationships to meet your academic and professional goals. Register here for Connections Series A—2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, Jan. 31 in Fisher 126. Register here for Connections Series B— 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, April 3 in Fisher 126.
- Committed Action: Take Steps to Make Change in Your Life. This workshop is focused on utilizing the process of “committed action” from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Sign up if you’re not just contemplating but READY to make a change in your life. We will focus our time on utilizing your values and goals and helping you to design steps that you are willing to take to put those into action. Register here for Committed Action Series—7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, Feb. 20, Feb. 27 in Fisher 125.
- Learn Well—Setting Learning Goals: Having trouble staying motivated, getting work done, or seeing the benefits of your work? Attend this workshop to explore strategies to help you learn better by setting and tracking learning goals. Register here for Learning Goals Series—6 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, April 2 in Wadsworth Cherry Room.
- Your Major—A Good Fit: Have you ever wondered if you chose the “right” major? Whether you’re looking for other options that Michigan Tech has to offer or simply looking for confirmation that you’re on the right path, this workshop will help you explore your strengths and goals as a learner and help you reflect on your academic and life goals. Dig even deeper by signing up for the Exploring Majors class next semester. Register here for Your Major: A Good Fit Series—5 p.m. Thursday, April 4, April 11 in Fisher 125