Call for Papers:
Special Issue on Security and Privacy in Cyber-physical Systems
Published by The Springer Open: Cybersecurity Journal
- Dr. Bo Chen, Michigan Technological University
- Dr. Qi Zhu, Northwestern University
- Dr. Yu Chen, Binghamton University
- Submission deadline: November 15, 2023
- Final notification: August 5, 2024
Theme and Scope
The cyber-physical systems (CPS) deeply intertwine computational and physical components, enabling monitoring and controlling physical processes in real time, as well as sensing, collecting and analyzing data for decision making. These systems can be used in various domains, including manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, healthcare, energy, etc. As cyberphysical systems continue to be deployed in critical applications, safeguarding their security and privacy has become a crucial concern. Thus, it is vital to ensure that these systems are shielded from potential cyber-attacks to prevent significant consequences.
This special issue seeks original submissions that address security and privacy issues in cyber-physical systems. Both technical and survey papers are welcome. All submissions will undergo a rigorous peer review process, and accepted articles will be published as a collection in the journal.
Prospective authors are invited to prepare and submit manuscripts following the instructions at https://cybersecurity.springeropen.com/ submission-guidelines. Complete manuscript should be submitted through: http://www.editorialmanager.com/cyse/default.aspx.
To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series ‘Security and Privacy in Cyber-physical Systems’ in the ‘Additional Information’.
In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript pleaseto be considered as part of the thematic series on Security and Privacy in Cyber-physical Systems.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Adaptive attack mitigation for CPS
- Authentication and access control for CPS
- Availability, recovery, and auditing for CPS
- Big data-based solutions for CPS security and privacy issues
- Blockchain-based security and privacy solutions for CPS applications
- Data security and privacy for CPS
- Embedded systems security and privacy
- Intrusion detection for CPS
- Legacy CPS system protection
- Malware analysis for CPS
- Modeling and analysis of smart CPS
- Resilient CPS
- Security and Privacy in Robotics and AI Systems
- Security and Privacy in Self-driving cars
- Smart contract-based trustable and verifiable computations for CPS applications
- Smart grid security and privacy
- Threat modeling for CPS
- Urban transportation system security and privacy
- Vulnerability analysis for CPS
The Springer Open: Cybersecurity journal is aimed to systematically cover all essential aspects of cybersecurity, with a focus on Open: Cybersecurity reporting on cyberspace security issues, the latest research results, and real-world deployment of security technologies.