Metallurgical Engineer position at EJ
EJ is looking for a Metallurgical Engineer for our East Jordan Michigan foundry. Formerly East Jordan Iron Works, EJ is a family owned grey and ductile iron foundry that produces street castings and has been in operation for over 131 years.
Oversees the operations of the Metal and Sand labs, ensuring that all the necessary testing is being conducted to guarantee that the iron and sand produced meets associated standards. Provides technical support in the analysis of quality issues, process improvements, and various special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises the Metal and Sand lab technicians involved in process control activities.
• Oversees that lab tests are conducted properly and that appropriate test documentation is maintained.
• Ensures that all Metal and Sand parameters are within specified ranges or take the necessary actions to correct and maintain product quality.
• Ensures that all test procedures and equipment complies with all applicable standards.
• Ensures that the finished product conforms to customer specifications.
• Conducts analysis of casting defects and make recommendations for process improvements.
• Investigates quality problems related to metallurgical or sand issues and makes recommendations on corrective actions.
• Conducts various research projects in a variety of areas including technical improvements, process improvements, variation reduction, etc.
• Provides technical expertise to production employees and offers specific process improvement recommendations to fulfill quality expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply go to the EJ website (www.ejco.com) http://ejco.com/# and click on the careers link.
Technical Services Manager
tel 231 536 4579 fax 231 536 4495
301 Spring St., PO Box 439, East Jordan MI 49727