ROSE AND THE RIME AUDITIONS
Calling all dancers, actors, and gymnasts! Auditions for Rose and the Rime will be Monday, October 28, and Wednesday, October 30, 7 pm in Rozsa 120 (Choir Room).
Rose and the Rime is a spectacular modern fairy tale of courage and hope in the face of adversity and fear. The fable features Rose, a very special girl who embarks on an adventure to save her town, Radio Falls, Michigan, from perpetual winter. The play includes dance, and original music composed by students.
Rose and the Rime will be performed next semester, however there will be a large dance/aerial component to the show that will require rehearsals and preparation this semester. One dance form we hope to feature is aerial work. Roles are available for non-dancers as well. You may sign out a script from the VPA office, Walker 209.
- Aerial Silks Clinics:
- Friday, October 25, 2 pm-5 pm, McArdle Theatre
- Saturday, October 26, 2 pm – 5 pm, McArdle Theatre
Come for as long as you can, especially if you have never worked with silks before.
- Monday, October 28, 7pm-10 pm, Rozsa 120 (Choir Room)
- Wednesday, October 30, 7 pm – 10 pm, Rozsa 120 (Choir Room)
The dance portion of the audition will include a quick warm up and a few simple combinations. We ask that performers come prepared with a short (30 second) sample of their abilities. This is to be used as an opportunity to showcase your strengths and ability as a dancer/gymnast. The aerial silks portion of the audition will include basic exercises that will test performers’ grip and arm strength and provide opportunities for everyone to demonstrate skills learned in the Open Clinics. Performers should wear form fitting clothing that is easy to move in.
- Some initial rehearsals will occur throughout the rest of fall semester
- January 12- 30, 7-10 pm (Sunday-Thursday, probable weekend dance calls)
- Technical Rehearsals: January 31 7-10 pm, February 1-2 all day
- Technical Dress Rehearsals: February 3-5, 6 pm – 11 pm (potentially)
- February 6-8, 6:30 – 10:00 pm
- Brush-up rehearsal: February 12, 6:30 – 10:00 pm
- February 13-15, 6:30 – 10:00 pm
For more information about Rose and the Rime contact Patricia Helsel firstname.lastname@example.org
For dance-specific questions, contact Mary Muncil email@example.com