BABY WITH THE BATHWATER
When: Tuesday, September 2, and Wednesday, September 3, 7:00-10:00 pm (Choose one.)
Where: McArdle Theatre, Walker 207
Who: Any student, faculty, or community member!
- Arrive at 7 pm to fill out a contact form.
- We will begin a group audition at 7:15 pm, followed by readings from the script.
- You are welcome to perform a prepared scene, up to 5 minutes, with a partner, otherwise you will simply read from the script.
- Familiarize yourself with the script so you understand the plot and characters.
- Practice so that you can make the most of eye contact when you read with a partner. (Try to glance at the script and deliver the line to the other person and really listen and respond to them.)
- Scripts are available in the VPA office, Walker 209. You may check out a script for 24 hrs. or for a weekend. (We need to keep them available for all.)
Performances will be October 16-18, and October 23-25.
Rehearsals are Sunday-Thursday, 7:00-10:00 pm beginning September 4. We will also rehearse Friday and Saturday October 10-11. Rehearsals during “Tech Week” (Oct 8-15) may be extended. A cast list will be sent via email late Wednesday evening.
About the play:
- Helen, the mother
- John, the father
- Nanny, the nanny
- A woman in the park
- Another woman in the park
- Mrs. Willoughby, the principal
- Miss Pringle, a teacher
- Young Man