“We’re hoping that there’s something to fit everybody’s taste,” says Rozsa Center director Mary Muncil. “From the Class Acts Program where we’re reaching out to our local school district to get our students in the theater and excited about what’s happening on stage, to our V.P.A. (Visual and Performing Arts) productions of Anitgone, to the Acting Company’s Macbeth.”
BABY WITH THE BATHWATER
When: Tuesday, September 2, and Wednesday, September 3, 7:00-10:00 pm (Choose one.)
Where: McArdle Theatre, Walker 207
Who: Any student, faculty, or community member!
- Arrive at 7 pm to fill out a contact form.
- We will begin a group audition at 7:15 pm, followed by readings from the script.
- You are welcome to perform a prepared scene, up to 5 minutes, with a partner, otherwise you will simply read from the script.
- Familiarize yourself with the script so you understand the plot and characters.
- Practice so that you can make the most of eye contact when you read with a partner. (Try to glance at the script and deliver the line to the other person and really listen and respond to them.)
- Scripts are available in the VPA office, Walker 209. You may check out a script for 24 hrs. or for a weekend. (We need to keep them available for all.)
Performances will be October 16-18, and October 23-25.
Rehearsals are Sunday-Thursday, 7:00-10:00 pm beginning September 4. We will also rehearse Friday and Saturday October 10-11. Rehearsals during “Tech Week” (Oct 8-15) may be extended. A cast list will be sent via email late Wednesday evening.
About the play:
- Helen, the mother
- John, the father
- Nanny, the nanny
- A woman in the park
- Another woman in the park
- Mrs. Willoughby, the principal
- Miss Pringle, a teacher
- Young Man