Congratulations to Benjamin Closner, Rory Straubel, and Mitch Davis for winning the 2016 NMU Invitational Programming Contest! Pictured left to right: Jason Hiebel, Benjamin Closner, Rory Strauble, Mitch Davis and Dr. Min Song, Department Chair and Professor of Computer Science.
The winning team “MID OR FEED” consisted of MTU undergrads: Mitch Davis, Rory Straubel, and Benjamin Closner. Laura Brown and Leo Ureel represented our faculty and helped organize Michigan Tech’s participation in the event. PhD Candidate Jason Hiebel assisted us. The Seventeenth Annual Northern Michigan University Invitational Programming Contest was held from 12:00 to 5:00 P.M. EST on Saturday 9 April 2016 on the campus of Northern Michigan University (Marquette Co, MI).
The contest was organized by the NMU student chapter of the ACM and was attended by 77 students on 29 teams representing the following 5 schools and organizations.
- Lake Superior State University, Chippewa Co, MI
- Bay de Noc Community College, Delta Co, MI
- Copper Country Coders, Houghton Co, MI
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton Co, MI
- Northern Michigan University, Marquette Co, MI
The contest consisted of 6 problems to be solved over a 5 hour period. First place went to Michigan Technological University MID OR FEED, second place went to Northern Michigan University BELT LOOP, and third place went to Northern Michigan University THE AWESOMOS.
- The first place school was Michigan Technological University.
- The second place school was Northern Michigan University.
- The third place school was Bay de Noc Community College.
Complete results and problem solutions can be found at http://philos.nmu.edu/NMUCONTEST17/