So, you are planning to go to the Fall Career Fair (September 24, noon-6pm, SDC). What do you need to prepare? What should you expect?
- Dress nicely. You do not need a suit; a nice shirt/blouse and slacks will do.
- Go prepared to tell them what you can do for them and why you are interested in working with their company.
- Prepare a resume.
- Publish your resume on HuskyJOBS and bring paper copies with you.
Present yourself well. Everyone knows that companies will look at resumes and transcripts. Other things to consider:
- If you are not using your Michigan Tech e-mail address, be sure your personal e-mail address is professional.
- Listen to your phone message to be sure that it is professional.
- Google yourself and be aware of what information is on your Facebook account.
For events that can help you get ready for the Career Fair, see the Career Services calendar.