THE UNIVERSITY OF TULSA. The Russell School of Chemical Engineering seeks applicants for a full-time teaching position . The position is approved at the Applied Assistant Professor level. The anticipated starting date is either Spring 2022 or Fall 2022. The successful candidate must have a sincere commitment to excellence in, and must have a formal educational background that provides a foundation for, teaching traditional chemical engineering undergraduate laboratory and lecture courses. Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. or M.S. in chemical engineering or a closely related discipline and the ability to communicate effectively. The Russell School of Chemical Engineering, one of ten academic units in the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences, offers degree programs through the Ph.D., with a current undergraduate enrollment of approximately 110 students. Applicants should forward a curriculum vitae, a brief statement of teaching interests, and complete contact information for three references. Applications should be sent to ChESearch@utulsa.edu or Hema Ramsurn, Associate Professor, Russell School of Chemical Engineering, University of Tulsa, 800 S. Tucker Dr., Tulsa, OK 74104-3189. For full consideration, applications should be received by October 1, 2021. Underrepresented minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service.
Our Department of Chemical, Biological, and Materials Engineering at the University of South Florida (formerly known until recently as the Department of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering) again this year has an ongoing search for multiple faculty positions, with multiple positions available at the Assistant Professor level and additional openings for mid-career and senior faculty at the Associate or Full Professor level.
We have a position open due to the retirement of one of our full-time Teaching Assistant Professors. We have additional need for instructional assistance next year due to sabbaticals and anticipated family medical leave. We plan to begin screening applications on June 1 so applications received by that day will receive priority consideration.
Do you know an aspiring engineer in grades 9-11? Summer Youth Programs (SYP) is currently accepting applications for 2021 scholarship program cohorts, including NEXT Scholars: Geospatial Engineering, Women in Automotive Engineering, Rail and Intermodal Transportation, and National Summer Transportation Institute.
Applications are available on the SYP website and will be considered on a rolling basis.
More information about available programs:
- NEXT Scholars: Geospatial Engineering, Aug. 1-7 — Through a partnership with Civil and Environmental Engineering and Atwell Group, NEXT Scholars is a deep dive into the rapidly expanding, highly technical field of geospatial engineering. Participants will learn to apply spatial information to solve real-world problems such as monitoring marine environments, surveying underground mines and measuring the impact of climate change.
- Women in Automotive Engineering (WIAE), Aug. 1-7 — Thanks to partnerships with Dana Incorporated and Michigan Tech’s Advanced Power Systems Research Center, WIAE provides opportunities for talented students to explore careers in the automotive industry. Students will tour student design team labs, hear from role models in engineering fields, work in teams to solve complex engineering problems and complete projects and also learn the expanded basics of engines and other vehicle technology.
- Rail and Intermodal Transportation, July 11-17 — Do you know why trains are called the “green transportation alternative”? What about how fast a high-speed passenger trail travels or how containers find their way from China to the U.S.? In this program, participants will learn the answer to these questions and many more while exploring the exciting world of rail and intermodal transportation.
- National Summer Transportation Institute, July 18-31 — Michigan Tech’s National Summer Transportation Institute is a two-week residential program allowing students to explore transportation industries. During the program, students will have the opportunity to tour the Mackinac Bridge Authority, learn firsthand about the Soo Locks shipping canal and engage in group projects and hands-on activities while learning about planes, trains, ships and automobiles. This program is offered through a grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation.
by Center for Educational Outreach
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FACULTY POSITION
Louisiana Tech University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Chemical
Engineering. Academic requirements include Ph.D. and undergraduate degrees in Chemical Engineering
or closely aligned area. Outstanding candidates in all research areas are encouraged to apply, although
special emphasis will be given to candidates whose research leverages the University’s excellent
experimental and computational resources. Preference will be given to candidates who possess
expertise and a record of scholarly productivity in Advanced Manufacturing and Materials, Clean
Technology, Next-generation Energy, and closely related fields. Strong commitment to collaborative,
cross-disciplinary research is especially desirable.
Louisiana Tech University is a US News Tier 1 National University with an enrollment of about 12,000
students. The Chemical Engineering program at Louisiana Tech University is an ABET accredited
program with a growing undergraduate enrollment of over 220 undergraduate students. The strong
presence of chemical, petro-chemical, and pulp-paper companies in the Gulf Coast region ensures the
importance of Louisiana Tech’s Chemical Engineering program to the state and region providing
excellent job placement and student internship opportunities. The College has a total of over 140 Ph.D.
students in four programs (Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computational Analysis and Modeling,
and Molecular Science and Nanotechnology) and over 190 M.S. students. Due to the multidisciplinary
nature of the College, Chemical Engineering faculty have advised students from all four Ph.D. programs.
The University campus is located in Ruston, Louisiana (population ~25,000) with centralized access to
the larger metropolitan areas in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
Only electronic applications via email will be accepted. Please write “Chemical Engineering Search
2021” in the subject line to submit your information. Applicants are encouraged to send a single pdf
file containing: a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a detailed research plan, a teaching experience and
philosophy statement, and the contact information for three current references to:
Dr. Daniela Mainardi
Director of Chemical Engineering
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The starting
date is September 1, 2021 or sooner. Louisiana Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We have a targeted opening for a Teaching Assistant Professor (not tenure track) for a faculty member to teach our surfaces and colloids, undergrad lab instructions, and manage our shared teaching infrastructure.
The position requires a PhD in Chemical Engineering or a related field (or foreign equivalent) and the following prior work experience:
• Prior teaching expertise in Interfaces, Surfaces and Colloids or a related subject
• Prior teaching expertise in undergraduate Chemical Engineering lab courses
• Management of small, shared instrumentation facilities with (at least 10 instruments) that are used for teaching and research
Applications received by 5/14 will receive priority consideration.
The Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department at the University of Kansas (KU) in Lawrence, KS is hiring a full time Laboratory Director to run the senior unit ops labs. We have recently renovated the laboratory experiments and relocated in a new building with beautiful laboratory space including a high bay area for larger pilot scale equipment. We are looking for someone to lead the laboratory including the maintenance and development of the experiments and training to provide a world class educational experience. The position posting can be found on KU’s employment page: employment.ku.edu/staff/18831BR.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates
For students who want to see their contributions make an impact, be part of a program structured to apply science and technology to benefit the community.
Application deadline: May 1, 2021
Program dates: June 7, 2021- July 30, 2021