Nominations are now closed for the 2012 CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award.
This year, nominations are being accepted from dissertations in the fields of:
Michigan Tech may nominate one student in each field. PhD students who have completed all of their degree requirements between July 1, 2010, and June 30, 2012, are eligible.
A nomination packet must include the following required items:
- a completed nomination form.
- a 10-page abstract of the dissertation, double spaced on white letter-sized paper. (pdf preferred, number each page, and put nominee’s name on each page)
- three letters addressing the significance and quality of the PhD work
- one letter from the dissertation advisor.
- one letter from a member of the nominee’s dissertation committee.
- one letter from a person chosen by the nominee.
A nomination packet may also include the following optional items:
- abstract appendices containing non-textual material such as charts, tables or figures. (pdf preferred, number each page, and put nominee’s name on each page)
- a brief CV
Nominations must be delivered to Debra Charlesworth in the Graduate School no later than 4 p.m. on June 28; e-mail nominations are preferred. Contact Debra (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about the competition. See also the Council for Graduate School’s announcement page.
The fields of competition for 2013 will be Biological/Life Sciences and Humanities.