As we’re sure you’re aware, Houghton County experienced extreme weather this weekend. Although much of campus and the surrounding area is back to normal, the Administration Building is closed for an undetermined amount of time. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our community members impacted by this disaster.
For the short term, here is how you can communicate with the Graduate School:
- Graduate School staff will be operating in rooms 112 and 113 of the Library. Please go to room 112 for assistance beginning at 1pm on Tuesday, June 19th. Not all staff will be present at all times, but we will be able to direct you appropriately.
- Current students with forms to submit should scan them and upload them to Canvas. If you need assistance, we have an online tutorial. Please only use Canvas to upload forms; do not also email and/or submit paper copies.
- Current students should email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions they have about their degree. Please do not copy other staff; one email will alert everybody. Graduate directors and assistants with questions about current students should also use this email.
- If you call the Graduate School, messages will go to voicemail. Staff will respond as they can.
- Diploma pickup and diploma mailing will not be available this week.
- Transcript submission is not available this week. Students with a missing degree hold may request a waiver using our form.
- Students who need assistance with housing can contact Housing or Public Safety. Rooms, meals, and showers are available.
Michigan Tech will be updating the emergency website with information important to our community. Please monitor that website for ways that you can contribute to the relief effort and stay in touch with other offices on campus that are displaced.
The Graduate School