Congrats to KIP alumni Matt Roy who has been appointed as the new NHLPA representative for the LA Kings! #kipmtu #mtualumni
Congratulations to the following students for being nominated and winning these yearly department awards!
- Jana Hendrickson, Departmental AKA Undergraduate Scholar Award
- Sarah Dix, Department Scholar
- Jonathon Worden, Outstanding Senior Award
- Nadine Sikora, Outstanding Service Award
- Blake Dupius, Kinetic Energy Award
- Benjamin Cockfield, Graduate Student Government Outstanding Scholarship Award
- Hannah Cunningham, Departmental AKA Master’s Scholar Award
- Nehemiah McIntyre, Outstanding Master’s Award
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving and unity set to take place on May 5, 2020, as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Using the link below, monetary gifts go toward attracting top-notch faculty, supporting research programs and innovative curricula, and maintaining research/teaching facilities and equipment in the KIP Department. These educational components underpin our goal of becoming nationally recognized for offering excellent programs in the areas of kinesiology and integrative physiology. Please follow the link to help: https://www.mtu.edu/kip/giving
If you are in the Houghton/Keweenaw area or able to stream online, please listen in to Copper Country Today this Sunday, May 3rd, to hear epidemiologist, Dr. Kelly Kamm, Assistant Professor in Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology, provide some educated information on the COVID-19 pandemic. Please listen here.