SUMMARY: Talascend LLC is seeking an Associate level Engineer, 1-5 years of experience (internships are applicable), with a Bachelors degree in Materials Science or Metallurgical Science. Location is Troy, Michigan and this is a confirmed Contract to Hire opportunity to join a global supplier to the transportation industry. If interested in applying, please contact Don Lawson at 248-537-1307 and or send email to Don.Lawson@Talascend.com. Here is the job details from our client:
* B.S. in Metallurgy or Material Science and Engineering is required.
* 1 to 5 years of relevant experience.
* Must have good organization and communication skills.
* Demonstrate understanding in ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy.
Principal Accountabilities: Optimize the materials and processes used in the manufacture of client components. This position reports to the Supervisor/Manager of Materials Engineering or the Chief Engineer of Materials Engineering.
* Provide metallurgical support under the guidance of the experienced metallurgical staff.
* Perform materials characterization for the purpose of failure resolution and product improvement.
* Provide Project needs of assigned Divisions
* Provide technical reports
* Operate and maintain metallurgical equipment
* Manage assigned individual workflow/cycle time for assigned projects.
* Develop metallurgical expertise in Materials Engineering, Product and Manufacturing Operations.
* Build links to customers – Establish good working relationships with customers.
Fosters Open Communication: Promotes open discussion of ideas; provides others with open access to information and encourages information flow across boundaries.
Drives for Improvement: Creates an environment where no one tolerates complacency; eliminates roadblocks, and inefficiencies; uses metrics and performance measures to track progress; redesigns systems and processes to increase effectiveness; drives rigorous internal and external benchmarking of performance.
Is committed to Customers: Meets commitments to internal and external customers; seeks and uses feedback from customers; focuses the organization on efforts that add significant value to customers.
Drives for Business Results: Establishes aggressive financial goals; achieves strong results and outstanding accomplishments; balances long-term objectives with near-term financial objectives; balances the needs of employees, customer, shareowners, and community.
Possesses Technical Excellence: Is a credible technical leader; keeps up to date on professional/technical developments; develops an appropriate depth of expertise in technical areas; supports the development of technical excellence in others; is willing to try novel approaches to solve technical problems.
Senior Technical Recruiter
5700 Crooks, Rd., Troy, MI 48098