And/Or, read here:
Transfer Credits: To take classes elsewhere and transfer them to MTU, use the MTU online Transfer Equivalency system and the course schedules and catalogs from the other college. Choose courses that will transfer to an equivalent course at MTU that are required for your degree. (such as an appropriate HASS List course)
- To access list of courses already approved for transfer use the Michigan Tech Transfer Equivalency System.
- If the course you want or need is NOT on the Transfer Credit Equivalency list, request to have it evaluated for transfer credit by sending the following details to the MTU Transfer Services Office, for each course: email email@example.com
- University or college name
- Course ID and title
- Syllabus – REQUIRED
- Textbook(s) used (usually on the syllabus)
- Detailed Description (usually on the syllabus)
- If all this information is available online, you can send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. A short catalog description is not enough information to evaluate for MTU credit. You must provide a syllabus.
- Enroll in courses. Grades must be C or better to be accepted at MTU. If the course(s) are prerequisites to classes you need to register for next semester, have a copy of your transcript from the transfer college sent to MTU, so that our system knows the courses you plan to transfer.
Prereq? If you are taking a class elsewhere over summer that is a prereq for something you want to add to your Fall schedule, then contact Transfer Services at email@example.com, to let them know about the course you will be taking, so the registration system knows you are enrolled in the prereq. Be sure to send your transcript when the prerequisite course is completed.
How to transfer credits to MTU after you complete course(s):
- Have an official copy of your transcript sent to MTU’s Registration Office
Office of Student Records & Registration
1400 Townsend Avenue Houghton, MI 49931-1295
To find out if a course may count as a “UN” course, consult the Transfer Services Office (Student Services, Admin bldg) before taking the course. phone: 487-3323, email: transfer@ mtu.edu
MTU’s General Education HASS Requirements ~ 6 credits HASS must at least 3000.